Child Support Attorney in Lake Success, New York

When a child is away at college, does the non-custodial parent have any right to a reduction in child support paid to the custodial parent?

Nassau county family law attorney, Barton Resnicoff, discusses how college impacts child support payments.

More In This Category

View Transcript

That the non-custodial parent might, assuming they’re contributing towards the child’s room and board, because there is a right for dollar-for-dollar deduction of the contribution towards room and board against the child support being paid, because it’s considered a duplication that’s part of basic child support.

More Videos From This Lawyer