What We Do
We handle everything for your legal videos:
- Interview Preparation
- Filming, Editing, and Uploading
- Transcripts for all videos
- Most importantly, we get it done in a timely manner
Winston & Strawn LLP
Gray Plant Mooty
Lindquist & Vennum
Employment Law: Employers
Arnold & Porter
Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy
Complex Civil Litigation
Fredrikson & Byron
Stoel Rives, LLP
Gray Plant Mooty
Business Succession Planning
Fredrikson & Byron
Trade Secret Protection
Schwegman, Lundberg & Woessner
ReelLawyers.com is the world’s first and only (as far as we can tell) all-video legal website. For consumers and business people, it’s a place to look for answers and search for lawyers. It’s the next best thing to visiting a lawyer’s office – or many lawyers’ offices.
So, why video?
We’ve all seen the statistics that show that video is rapidly becoming the language of the web – for example, studies show that 60 percent of visitors watch video content before reading text on the same web page.
But for law, video is especially important. Unlike other professions – how a lawyer communicates is part of what the client is buying. Sure it’s nice if your dentist or plumber communicates well, but let’s face it: it’s not essential. But how a lawyer communicates, on the other hand, is absolutely crucial. Can she sway a jury, persuade a judge, close the transaction, or get the other party to settle? All of these outcomes are greatly influenced by the lawyer’s ability to communicate.
Until ReelLawyers came along, a web search for a lawyer typically served up nothing more than an outdated headshot and a wall of self-laudatory text.
ReelLawyers.com on the other hand, allows you to see the lawyer address the questions and concerns you have about the law. And in watching the lawyer in action, you get a better sense: Does the lawyer know what she’s talking about? Does she communicate effectively? Does she seem like someone I want to spend time with? Would she represent me well? Does she understand my situation?
For people looking online for answers to their legal questions, and shopping for lawyers, it doesn’t get better than that.
ReelLawyers.com is the brainchild of Bill White. Bill was the founder and publisher of Law & Politics magazine and Super Lawyers – one of the leading lawyer ratings services in the country. Bill developed the Super Lawyers selection process, which was granted a US Patent in April of 2013.
Stats on Video
That video is the most powerful yet under-utilized marketing tool for lawyers. Consider this:
Video is rapidly becoming the language of the web
- Globally, consumer Internet video traffic will be 80 percent of all consumer Internet traffic in 2019, up from 64 percent in 2014. (Cisco)
- YouTube has 4 billion video views every day. That according to YouTube in January 2012. That was an increase of 30% in the last 8 months. It’s probably closer to 5 billion now.
- 89 million people in the United States are going to watch 1.2 billion online videos today. (ComScore)
- Online video users are expected to double to 1.5 billion in 2016. (Cisco)
- A website is 53 times more likely to appear on the first page of Google’s search results if it includes video (Forrester Research)
- A visitor to a website is 64% more likely to buy a product or service if they view a video related to the product or service. (ComScore)
- 80% of your online visitors will watch a video, while only 20% will actually read content in its entirety. (DigitalSherpa)
- 90% of users say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision process. (DigitalSherpa)
- A recent Forbes study shows that 75% of executives say they watch business-related videos at least once a week. (Forbes)
Why have your videos on ReelLawyers.com?
- ReelLawyers is a safe place to share your legal expertise. No distractions like on YouTube
- SEO conglomeration: That by aggregating massive amounts of legal video content, ReelLawyers will become a sort of Wikipedia of law.
- Instead of having anonymous authors writing answers in tiny text, ReelLawyers will feature the lawyers providing answers on camera, with contact information and links to law firm websites
The ReelLawyers Excellence-in-Practice Standard
Simply put, our goal with the Excellence-in-Practice Standard is to give visitors to this website assurance that the lawyers who appear as legal commentators know what they’re talking about. Our Standard is based on the following criteria:
Focus of practice — A hugely important factor. The law is so complex today that we require that lawyers must focus at least half their practice on the area of law they are addressing as a legal commentator.
Experience — We look for at least ten years of experience in the area of practice the lawyer is addressing as a legal commentator (five or more for lawyers 40 years old or younger).
Peer Recognition — Has the lawyer been recognized by a credible rating service such as Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, Best Lawyers of America or Chambers? Do they have an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell? Has a peer or collegue enthusiastically recommended the lawyer?
Position in Firm — Is the lawyer a partner, shareholder, practice head, committee or board member, or founder of the firm?
Scholarly Lectures and Writings — Has the lawyer done any Continuing Legal Education (CLE) presentations or speeches to business, civic or trade groups on the area of practice she is addressing on ReelLawyers.com? Any scholarly writings in legal or trade journals? Does the lawyer consistently write on this area of law in social media or online?
All legal commentators have met the ReelLawyers Excellence in Practice Standard
Learn from the top lawyers in the country