FELA & Railroad Injury Attorney in St Paul, Minnesota

What to do if Injured Working on a Railroad

Saint Paul railroad employee injury attorney William Jungbauer discusses what to do after being injured working on a railroad.

More In This Category

View Transcript

If you’re injured working on the railroad fill out an accident report. All railroads require either an accident report or an oral communication to the company that you’re hurt. Then go see a doctor if you need medical care. The company cannot prevent you from seeing a doctor of your choice. There are federal laws that insist that no one can interfere with someone trying to seek medical attention. Once you get medical attention, get some legal advice because a railroad job generally is a high paying good job and a lot of railroad workers are afraid that if they turn in an accident report that they could be fired. But there are federal laws that protect employees so knowing what your rights are will protect both your injury case if you have one and your job.

More Videos From This Lawyer