Car Accident Cases Attorney in St Paul, Minnesota

Recovering if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance

More In This Category

View Transcript

In Minnesota, you are obligated to carry insurance on the vehicle if you’re on the roadway. Obviously, some people don’t do that for a variety of reasons, they can’t afford to or they forgot or they missed their premium payment. If that happens you have to resort to your own insurance coverage and in Minnesota, we have two separate insurance coverages that people are many times unaware of. One is uninsured motorist coverage and the other is under insured motorist coverage. Uninsured motorist coverage, as its name implies, protects your when you are injured as a result of the negligence of an uninsured driver. Under insured motorist insurance coverage protects you where the negligent drivers insurance isn’t adequate enough to cover all of your damages. So either way you’re protected if you have your own insurance. So we advise people when they get that insurance bill take a look at that converge and make sure it’s adequate in the event you are involved in an accident or a crash with an uninsured or an under insured motorist.

St. Paul personal injury attorney Paul Gatto talks about what happens if you are involved in a car accident and the other driver does not have enough or any insurance, and how you may recover.

More Videos From This Lawyer