Who can bring a wrongful death claim and what kind of damages can be recovered?

Hopkins, MN personal injury attorney Stephanie Winter talks about who usually brings a wrongful death case and the damages that are recovered.

Contact Stephanie Winter

Email: [email protected]

Phone: (952) 473-4530


In the state of Minnesota in particular a trustee is appointed and the trustee can either be a family member or a neutral party. In the past we’ve had retired judges be appointed as the trustees and that’s just when there’s a lot of family members and it’s nice to have a neutral person. So once the trustee is appointed then the damages include, you know, loss of a spouse, loss of parental support, you know, lost wages, and future wages, what they would have provided to the family. So those cases are kind of the saddest ones in the office, but they – it’s really nice to get a good result for a family and kind of help them through the process.