What if a person fails to pay child support or alimony?

Burnsville, MN Family Law Attorney, Merlyn Meinerts discusses what happens if someone doesn’t pay their child support or alimony.

Contact Merlyn Meinerts

Email: [email protected]

Phone: (952) 736-1843


Failure to pay court ordered child support and spousal maintenance can be met, worst case scenario, with a contempt of court action where a party can actually face incarceration, jail time, for nonpayment of those obligations. Other remedies include entering judgment against those individuals, other legal resources that are available to make sure that the support is paid as due, when due, so there aren’t significant arrearages that can erupt.