What If Someone Else Is Driving My Car And Gets A DUI?

Minneapolis DUI Lawyer David Valentini discusses the importance of paying attention to deadlines in forfeiture proceedings.

Contact David Valentini

Email: [email protected]

Phone: (612) 341-0900


Certainly the – an innocent owner could appeal to the police department and see if they’ll release it without going through the forfeiture procedure. You have 60 days in which to file a forfeiture petition, so it’s important to consult with a lawyer in any of those circumstances if you’re served with a forfeiture petition at the time of the arrest or when you’re being released from custody. So they’re time-sensitive.