What should I expect if my home or business is damaged by fire, hail or a storm?

Minneapolis, MN commercial litigation attorney Michael Moline talks about what happens if your home or business has property damage from a fire, hail or storm.

Contact Michael Moline

Email: [email protected]

Phone: (612) 336-9354


Well, insurance companies handle property damage claims pretty much the same way. The first thing that will happen is that the adjuster will come out and will inspect for damage. And after identifying the areas of damage, they’ll start measuring, taking quantities, and then will feed that information usually into a cost estimating program called Xactimate. And after the adjuster gets that information, he puts it into the computer and it comes out with the amount of money that the insurance company is generally willing to pay for the claim.