What should I do if I was in an auto accident and the other party flees the scene?

Minnesota personal injury attorney Mike Unger discusses what to do when some flees the scene of a car accident.

Contact Mike Unger

Email: [email protected]

Phone: (612) 339-3600


If you’re in an auto accident and the other party leaves the scene, first of all, that violates the law. You should still report the accident to the police; not leave the scene yourself. You’re obligated to stay at the scene.

If you can, makes notes of whatever contact information or description you can of the party that fled the scene. Also check to see whether or not any people in the area may have witnessed it as well and they have information to offer. You can provide that information as well to the police.