What should I do if I have been asked to release my medical records to the other party’s insurance adjuster?

Minnesota personal injury attorney Mike Unger discusses medical release forms.

Contact Mike Unger

Email: [email protected]

Phone: (612) 339-3600


So when you report an accident to your insurance company, they have a right if you’re going to make a claim, for example, for medical expenses or wage loss, they have a right to obtain information to verify your claim.  So they will ask you to execute a release of medical information so that they can process your claim.

They’re within their rights to do that and if you’re gonna make a claim you need to provide your insurance company with such a release.

The other driver’s insurance company, however, is a whole different matter.  You’re under no obligation to provide them with a release of any sort and it’s probably unwise that you do so until you seek advice from an experienced injury lawyer.