Who can file a wrongful death lawsuit?

Waukegan, IL medical malpractice attorney Scott Gibson talks about who can file a wrongful death lawsuit.

Contact Scott Gibson

Phone: (847) 263-5100


The next of kin. What we have to do is we have to get someone appointed, it can be an executor of the estate, it can be an independent administrator or executor, or it can be a special administrator. These are all fancy terms for going to the court and requesting a judge to appoint someone to represent, in effect, the case in the next of kin so the lawsuit can be brought against the party that caused the death.