Can I collect child support from my co-parent if he/she lives in another state?

Minnesota family law attorney DeAnne Dulas discusses the options for collecting child support when the other parent lives in another state.

Contact DeAnne Dulas

Email: [email protected]

Phone: (651) 968-1249


You can collect child support if the other parent lives in another state. There is a multistate collection system that is set up so that if you live in Minnesota and your spouse lives outside, the child support and collection services in Minnesota will contact collection services in the other state and make arrangements for withholding out of that person’s income even though they’re not present in Minnesota.